Email Marketing is still the most cost-effective and efficient method of digital communication and marketing.
Communication is essential, which is why phone network firms like Mascom remain relevant by sending out mass promotional text messages to their customers. You should start doing this for your company or brand as well; it’s not as difficult as you might believe and it’s free.
Furthermore, email marketing can serve as a backup plan, imagine you’re an influencer or a business, and you say or do something that the community doesn’t agree with, we’re human, and get your social account blocked or revoked. What comes next? You’ll have to start over and build your audience, but if you have email marketing in place and a mailing list, you can always send an email to your list explaining your situation and referring them to your new account.
Tip: Start investing in email marketing as soon as possible, and begin building your mailing list.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a sort of direct marketing that involves sending tailored, bulk emails to potential customers in order to educate and persuade them to do a specific action, such as making a purchase.
Why is Email Marketing Important?
- Email is number 1 communication channel. People read their emails on a daily basis, and they appear to be more professional as compared to other channels, kana jang?
- You own your audience. In any social media your account can be suspended or hacked and no longer have access to your audience. Yes, that can happen for your email account too, however you can always download a copy of your contacts as a csv file. So, start using email marketing in combined with your social media to gain control of your audience.
- Email has a higher ROI (Returns on Investment). Email is a fantastic tool for creating, nurturing, and closing deals. You can send emails to clients who have already purchased something from you with special offers on something else.
- Boosts Brand Awareness and Loyalty. You may use email marketing to track how consumers are reacting to your products and services, as well as how well they are performing for them. People like the fact that you are interested in their opinions and suggestions, or request that they leave a review, positive or negative, as this will help you develop your brand.
- Increase and maintain engagements. Users’ interest in your brand may change over time as a result of social media algorithms and user interests. To increase and maintain engagement, you may utilize email marketing to send an email to your audience every time you publish new content.
- Lowers Ads Spend. When running Facebook Ads, you can exclude people from your mailing list so that you don’t have to show them ads when you can email them for free. This is why, before running ads, I strongly advise you to start with Email Marketing.So, start using email marketing in combined with your social media to gain control of your audience.
How Email Marketing Works.
To create an effective email marketing campaign, you need 3 essential elements; A mailing list, an email service provider, and clear set goals.
1. A mailing list.
These are people who want to receive your emails; don’t spam them; consent also helps in building an email list. This list should include people who identify with your brand, your target market, and are more likely to respond to your call to action. In our case, Lephutshi, our mailing list consists primarily of business owners, marketers, entrepreneurs, and individuals with an interest in digital marketing and advertising.
2. Email Service Provider.
An email service provider (ESP) allows you to segment your audience, organize your list, send email campaigns to your list, and automate them. You can also monitor the results in order to improve future campaigns. There are numerous email marketing services available, such as MailChimp, HubSpot, and Constant Contact. MailChimp is the service I prefer and use.
3.Clear Defined Goals.
Last but not least, you must have specific goals in mind when starting on email marketing, such as increasing sales. Setting goals will assist you in developing a good email marketing strategy.
Growing Your Email List
To entice people to join your mailing list, you should offer something of value for free. When most people want to build an email list, they simply place an optin form on their website and hope that people sign up. Unfortunately, this strategy does not usually work very well alone.
A lead Magnet, a bait on a hook, is required. It can be anything you want as long as it provides free value to your visitors. Ebooks, free trials, and coupons are some popular lead magnet examples. Lephutshi’s lead magnet consists of a free business listing as well as marketing tips and hacks.
How to Get Started with MailChimp
Mailchimp is a well-known email marketing platform. It is ideal for those who are just getting started because it is simple to set up and has an easy-to-use user interface. Using Mailchimp Groups, you can also add new subscribers to specific segments.
Mailchimp is the best free email marketing service because it offers a free plan for up to 2,000 subscribers.
Mailchimp also offers a free website feature, which allows you to create a simple website hosted by Mailchimp to get started with email marketing if you do not already have a website.
The video below will help get started with MailChimp:
Create a free MailChimp account here.